Nutritional Therapy & Health Coaching in Chester
WelcomeRJ Health and Wellbeing is a Nutritional Therapy and Health Coaching Practice offering remote 1:1 consultations, deliverable over Skype or by telephone, as well as online programmes.
How can a Nutritionist help me?Today’s highly driven and fast-changing climate leaves many of us subject to the physiological effects of poor lifestyle habits. We have more choice than ever before, yet do not always make the right choices when it comes to food. We lead busy lives that leave little time for the recognition of slowly developing illness, be it physical or psychological.
Conditions such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, stress, anxiety, chronic fatigue, insomnia, and nonspecific digestive problems, are likely to have multiple root causes, which conventional medicine alone may not always fully address. An important aspect of these potential causes is the food we eat. Indeed, risk factors related to poor diet are now thought to be the leading cause of death worldwide.
The risks of developing chronic conditions such as Cardiovascular disease and Type 2 Diabetes have been shown to be increased by numerous modifiable factors, all of which may be reduced through improved diet and nutrition.
"The part can never be well unless the whole is well"
Lifestyle approaches to medicine aim to empower you with the knowledge and confidence you need to optimise the management of any ongoing conditions, optimise health and fitness, prevent future problems, and ultimately to nurture yourself physically.
How can a Health Coach help me?Health Coaches blend health education with health promotion, using a diverse range of interventions, all with the common aim of helping people to improve their own health and wellbeing. They use a combination of motivational interviewing, education, ongoing patient assessment and support, in order to assist patients/ clients in developing and reaching their own personalised health and wellness goals. Key roles include:
- Undertaking health & wellbeing assessments
- Providing education about nutrition, exercise, and stress management
- Helping patients navigate the healthcare system
- Offering ongoing emotional & practical support
- Providing continuity of care
- Improved physical and mental health status
- Increased physical activity
- Better weight management
- Reduced tobacco use
- Reduced alcohol intake
- Increased fruit and vegetable intake
- Increased exercise levels
- Increased self confidence in managing health
- Increased motivation
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity"
-World Health Organisation
-World Health Organisation
- 6 Easy-to-do meditations to unwind after a stressful day
- Low carb diets: Are we missing the point?
- Why we all need Integrative Medicine
- How even a small amount of exercise can help you live longer
- The Personal Narrative Trap
- How Vitamin D may protect against heart failure following a heart attack
- Lifestyle interventions in primary care
LocationsI am primarily based in Chester, situated within easy reach of Wirral, North Wales, Northwich and surrounding areas.
Subscribe to RJ Health & Wellbeing
*Lifestyle medicine approaches can be used alongside conventional medicine in disease management or prevention, but do not seek to diagnose or cure. Always seek Medical advice first for any newly presenting health problems.