Terms & Conditions
About RJ Health & Wellbeing
Rebecca Healey is a Registered Associate Nutritionist and Health Coach who is registered with the Association for Nutrition (AFN). AFN governs the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN).
The UKVRN aims to distinguish those nutrition practitioners who meet rigorously applied training, competence, and professional practice criteria. All UKVRN registrants have a minimum of degree-level nutrition science and have committed to adhere to the AFN Standards of Ethics, Conduct and Performance.
Rebecca Healey is also a medical doctor registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and a member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM).
RJ Health & Wellbeing requests that the client notes the following:
- The scope of consultation services does not include diagnosis or treatment of newly presenting illness or disorder/s. If I, the client, suspect I may have an ailment or illness that may require medical attention, then it is my responsibility to consult with my GP.
- Functional medicine approaches, nutritional consultation and lifestyle advice are not a substitute for conventional medical advice and/ or treatment.
- If your practitioner has serious concerns about your safety or the safety of another person, normal confidentiality may be lifted. You will be asked to provide your GP’s contact details, as someone they may contact.
- Any mention of prescription medications during consultation is only for the purpose of providing a complete history of medications that the client is taking, not for review of the appropriateness of the medication. Any change in prescription or dosage of ongoing medications is a decision the client makes with his or her general practitioner/ hospital specialist.
- RJ Health & Wellbeing focuses on symptom management (alongside ongoing medical management of known conditions), attainment of optimum health and wellness, and prevention of illness, using lifestyle medicine modalities, to achieve optimal health. Supplementation may be advised, where deemed necessary, and your practitioner may receive a commission on these products.
- Functional testing may be recommended, where deemed appropriate. Please note that any additional tests undertaken are charged separately by the respective labs. The purpose of functional testing is to evaluate nutritional, biochemical, or physiological imbalance and to determine any need for medical referral. Functional tests are not intended to diagnose disease.
- Use of nutritional supplements may be safely recommended for clients already taking prescribed pharmaceutical medications, but interactions can occur between certain medications and certain supplements. For this reason, it is important to keep all of your healthcare providers fully informed about all medications and nutritional supplements you may be taking.
- While people generally experience greater health and wellness as a result of embracing a healthier attitude, lifestyle, and diet, RJ Health & Wellbeing does not promise or guarantee protection from future illness.
- The degree of benefit obtainable from consultation may vary between clients with similar health problems and following similar programmes.
The client understands and agrees to the following:
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any new health concerns.
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical practitioner, I should tell them about any management plan or nutritional strategy provided by RJ Health & Wellbeing.
- It is important that I tell RJ Health & Wellbeing about any medical diagnosis, medications, herbal medicines, or food supplements I am taking, as this may affect my management plan.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutrition programme/ supplement/ doses/ time period, I should contact RJ Health & Wellbeing promptly for clarification.
- I understand that the advice provided is personal for me and might not be appropriate for others.
- I must contact RJ Health & Wellbeing should I wish to continue any specific supplements / food plans for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not permitted.
- Wellness Programmes should ideally be completed within 12 weeks, although may occasionally take up to 16 weeks, owing to circumstances.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- Payment plans can be arranged if necessary.
- Programmes are non-refundable and subject to a 16 week time limit for completion.
- Please provide at least 48 hours notice for any cancellations / changes to your appointment times.
- Appointments cancelled or moved within 48 hours may be forfeited.
- If you do need to cancel / reschedule for any reason, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
GDPR: Data protection
- RJ Health & Wellbeing keeps a record of your name, contact details and dates and times of appointments on an encrypted database.
- Your practitioner is required to keep brief notes about the focus of your work. These are kept securely within the password protected GDPR and HIPAA Compliant Practice Management system Practice Better.
- Any reports produced by RJ Health & Wellbeing to evaluate the service contain anonymised data and will not contain any identifying information of clients.
- RJ Health & Wellbeing is committed to providing a high quality service to all clients. However, if you feel that this has not been the case, please do let us know, so that we may improve our service going forward.
- If you have a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. We will endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours.
- To view our full complaints policy, see here.